Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I-171H Form

Amazing!! We just received our I-171H form from the government yesterday which approves us to get visas and bring our child(ren) back into the country with us.

This is amazing because:
  • Our final paperwork was not sent to USCIS until June 15th
  • It takes an average of 5 months for processing right now
  • They ask that you not contact them until you have been waiting over 5 months
  • I contacted them anyway to make sure they had received everything in July
  • I got an automated email saying that they wouldn't respond if I had not been waiting long enough
  • They replied the next day and said that they never received my final paperwork!
  • Our social worker resent it on July 13th, so we were looking at five months from then
  • I contacted them again on July 28th and again was told I would not receive a response
  • They responded right away and said that they still had not received our paperwork!
  • Our social worker sent it again at the beginning of August...and we were looking at 5 months from then
  • I received another email from a government orphan officer telling me that if I sent the paperwork to his attention and marked it urgent, he would expedite it for me!!

It is neat to see God's hand in all of this. If I had never checked, or if they hadn't responded, we never would have known that they didn't have the paperwork. If they hadn't expedited our case, we should have been waiting for our clearance until January. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment