Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Art of Manipulation & Ear Infection

I suppose that the ripe old age of 15 months is a good time to get acquainted with the art of manipulation. Sheesh! When I rock Annie to sleep now she'll pop her little head up and tell me that she's thirsty. I'll take her downstairs only to have her inform me that she is not thirsty at all. She figured out how to push bedtime just a few minutes later. Now I just tell her, "No, no. It's time for night-night." I'm sure she will get some new material.

The other day she really tried hard to get me. I gave her a little time-out in a chair. She wanted to get down so she told me that she wanted to go potty in her potty chair. She knew that would speak to me! After she did her time, I took her to the potty and before I could even take her diaper off she informed me that she did not have to go. This little peanut is too smart for her own good. I didn't know it started this early!

Last Friday we had a little scare. Annie woke up around 8am. She had been fighting a cold all week, but other than that she seemed fine...until about 10am. I was cleaning the bathroom and she was playing. She walked up and laid her head on my leg. It was odd since she just got up at 8 and wasn't due for a nap until 1pm, but I put her down because she seemed so tired. She slept for two hours and when she woke up she was just burning. I took her temp. and it was 103.4. I wasn't sure what to do. I waited a while and she just kept dozing off in my arms- not normal for this bundle of energy. So, I called my sister for advice and I called her pediatrician. They both thought I needed to get her in. On the car ride down she fell asleep and I kept jiggling her leg and saying her name but could not wake her. I was scared, crying, driving, and praying.

By the time we got there her temp. was nearly 104 and they found that she had double ear infection. My poor baby. She was so uncomfortable. Thankfully the antibiotics kicked in by the next morning and her temp. finally came down. She is doing well now and finishing up her meds.

She had to take so much medicine she started to pretend to give her baby medicine too and take her temp. So cute!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she will be a doctor some day! I think with that kind of intelligence and the ability to check the doll's temp, she is well on her way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brooke! It's been a while since I stopped in. It's fun to hear about what's been going on with you all!

    I can attest to early manipulation for sure. Some of my friends can't believe that Savannah (now 13 months) can do the same thing. Also, that she will throw tantrums when she doesn't get her way.

    Sounds like you all are doing well. Glad to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete