At least once a week we have "hair day" at our house. Annie's hair has gotten really long and requires more protective styling now. Though we love the loose and free Afro style, it gets very tangled and matted with naps and riding in the carseat at this stage. So, the solution is to keep it styled for a week or so at a time. It takes at least an hour to do a thorough detangle and then usually about another hour + to style. I try to make it as much of a fun time together as possible with snacks, toys, and movies - though it does get long for Annie and there is usually fussing at some point.
So, the exciting news is that I just decided the other day that I was going to do cornrows (even though I hadn't gotten it to work in the past) and they worked!! They aren't great, but hopefully I will improve with practice. At least I think I've got the concept. Yay!! I am SUPER excited about this because it opens up so many more hairstyles for us to experiment with. Soon I will have two little sweeties to style!
So, the exciting news is that I just decided the other day that I was going to do cornrows (even though I hadn't gotten it to work in the past) and they worked!! They aren't great, but hopefully I will improve with practice. At least I think I've got the concept. Yay!! I am SUPER excited about this because it opens up so many more hairstyles for us to experiment with. Soon I will have two little sweeties to style!



No comments:
Post a Comment