“However motherhood comes to you, it's a miracle.”
-Valerie Harper
“Adoption is not rescue, not exactly, and yet I saved the lives of these children. Writing that, I feel no sense of nobility or virtue, nothing lofty at all. I saved the lives of my own children, which is a selfish act. I saved them for myself.”
- Sally Tisdale
“There was a boy standing on a beach where thousands of starfish had washed up. He was carefully and methodically throwing them back into the water. An older man walked by and watched the boy for a minute. Approaching the boy he said, ‘Look at all of the starfish here- there is no way you can throw them all in. You can’t make a difference to all of the starfish on this beach.’ The boy looked at the man, looked at the starfish in his hands, and then looked at the thousands on the beach. He threw the starfish into the water and said, ‘I made a difference to that one.’”
-Unknown
“I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.”
-Bob Constantine
“Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. God settles the solitary in a home.”
-Psalm 68:5-6
“Nobody is born into this world a child of the family of God. We are born as children of wrath. The only way we enter into the family of God is by adoption, and that adoption occurs when we are united to God’s only begotten Son by faith. When by faith we are united with Christ, we are then adopted into that family of whom Christ is the firstborn.”
-R.C. Sproul
“The very things that matter most in the world - ethnicity, social status, and gender - are utterly irrelevant for becoming members of God's family ( Gal 3:28). Christianity is not blind to ethnic distinctions and differences, but they are as nothing compared to the fundamental covenantal category of human beings created in the image of God, represented by Adam or by Christ. The country you live in and the ethnic group you belong to are as nothing compared to whether you are ‘in Adam’ or ‘in Christ’. In the end, those are the ‘races’ that ultimately matter – not where our ancestors were born, or the shape of our eyes, the texture of our hair, the color of our pigment, or the accents in our language.”
-Justin Taylor
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment