I couldn't help but think of her birth mom today and get teared-up. She must be thinking about Annie today. She must be reliving all of the moments up to the delivery and the emotions that she felt when Annie was born. My sister kindly reminded me this afternoon that she may not be sorrowful today, but thankful that she made the best decision for this precious girl. I hope so.
Anne Belen, you have brought your mom and dad more joy than we ever could have imagined. We love you with all of our hearts. Each day I still have a moment when I get overwhelmed by your presence and the fact that I get to be your mommy. I love everything about you. Here are some specifics:
- You have a gorgeous smile
- I could just eat your little toes they are so cute
- Your belly laugh
- How you say "all done" when I give you a bite of something you don't like
- The way you say, "Mama"
- How sweet you are when you sleep
- Your beautiful, soft skin
- How you have to reach back for your blankie and grab your baby first thing when you wake up
- How very smart you are
- Your motions to The Itsy Bisty Spider. You seriously have the cutest spider motion in the world
- How when I praise you too much you get overwhelmed and cry
- How you scarf down cheese so quickly it comes out your nose
- Your lovely black ringlets
- How you immediately point to your nose when you hear clapping because you assume you should perform your "tricks"
- Your wet, sloppy kisses
- How you start pushing daddy out of the house way too early in the morning by repeatedly saying, "bye, bye" and blowing him kisses because you know he's got to be going to work soon
- How you laugh when I read the book, "Love You Forever" because I get choked up everytime and you think all crying, sneezing, and coughing sounds funny
- Your sweet cheeks, which tolerate hundreds of kisses from mommy everyday
- The love and happiness you fill each day with
I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. Happy birthday, my love.



Annie is so very blessed to have such great parents. Happy Birthday, little one!
ReplyDelete