Annie now uses the following words fairly regularly:
Dada
Mama
Carter
Hi
Bye-bye
Whoa
Dog
Bumbo
Baby
Open
Off
On
Up
Down
Out
Done
More
Baa(Sheep)
Rah(Dinosaur)
But, mostly she says, "uh" which can mean anything! Sometimes it is a challenge for me to understand what she wants and it's very frustrating for her. We've had a few little fits where she throws herself on the floor when I can't figure out what she is saying. All part of the process that motivates them to talk, I suppose.
Tonight we have our six month post placement interview with our social worker. We had our first one at 3 months and we will have our last one at 12 months. Hopefully she will understand the relationship between the demise of my home and the increased activity level of Annie:) She will come and observe Annie for about an hour and ask us questions about her development and attachment. It really is painless.
We are going to celebrate the Ethiopian new year this weekend with a couple of adoptive families in the area. I will be cooking the entire meal, which I am excited to do. I will try to post some pictures. Melkam addis adet!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I just love hearing all the new words that Annie says! My favorite was all done. Maybe soon she will learn to say Mollie and Ty again...but carter is pretty cute too! Tell her we said uh! She will know what that means. ;)
ReplyDelete