I am still amazed that I'm sitting here in my home with my two beautiful daughters napping away. The last few weeks have been a crazy rollercoaster, and I really shouldn't even be here right now, but I am.
My mom, Annie, and I left for Ethiopia on Friday, March 23rd. My mom's school allowed her two weeks of unpaid leave so that she could escort me over to Addis. I planned to stay for 1-2 months as we waited for the details to get worked out in our case so that Sophia would be able to return home with us. Well, once we got there I went and petitioned the Embassy on several occasions and God seriously moved mountains so that we could all return home with my mom after two weeks. We had an awesome, and stressful, trip. I am still in awe of all that had to fall into place and did before my eyes. We are unbelievably grateful and blessed.
We were able to make it home for Easter Sunday and surprise everyone at church. We had fun traveling to Chetek to surprise Matt's family yesterday. We are exhausted from the travel and jet lag, but I am so thankful to be home and to be the mother of TWO precious girls!
My mom, Annie, and I left for Ethiopia on Friday, March 23rd. My mom's school allowed her two weeks of unpaid leave so that she could escort me over to Addis. I planned to stay for 1-2 months as we waited for the details to get worked out in our case so that Sophia would be able to return home with us. Well, once we got there I went and petitioned the Embassy on several occasions and God seriously moved mountains so that we could all return home with my mom after two weeks. We had an awesome, and stressful, trip. I am still in awe of all that had to fall into place and did before my eyes. We are unbelievably grateful and blessed.
We were able to make it home for Easter Sunday and surprise everyone at church. We had fun traveling to Chetek to surprise Matt's family yesterday. We are exhausted from the travel and jet lag, but I am so thankful to be home and to be the mother of TWO precious girls!
Easter Sunday
All of the cousins
Embassy Day
Hanging out at the transition house
Heading home!
Big sister



No comments:
Post a Comment