Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

It has been six months since we submitted our adoption application. Our baby was probably growing and developing in the womb at that time. That part is hard to think about - while we cannot wait to bring our child home, I wonder if a mother's arms are aching somewhere. Maybe she is sick and knows it is for the best, but not a second goes by that she doesn't wish things were different. Maybe she has already passed away and a grandmother is weeping somewhere wishing she had the money and strength to raise her grandbaby. Those thoughts haunt me at times. While we see this as a blessing and receive it with great joy, it may be someone else's lifelong sorrow. As I watch my newborn nephew being tenderly loved and cared for, my own heart aches for the child I have already come to love halfway across the world who's belly has already been empty enough to cause pain and who has not experienced the full measure of a mother's doting love. My only comfort is in my sovereign Lord who mysteriously works all things for good. Whatever the circumstances are surrounding our baby's birth family, I pray that God will provide for and sustain them and that one day we might be able to thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment