Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Prayer for Hirwot

Our agency director is currently in Ethiopia checking on children and orphanages and this is part of the update from her blog yesterday:

"Yesterday was maybe one of the hardest and most rewarding days of my life. We arrived at an orphanage to find one child close to death and 3 others very fragile. I have never experienced such desperate prayer in my life as I held a child of 8 months, weighing 7 lbs, her mouth hung open, stiff body and sagging skin. My wonderful team joined me in a car, each of us holding children that should have been in the intensive care unit of some wonderful hospital, as we struggled to hang onto them bouncing violently through giant pot holes choking fumes of black smoke. 4 babies needing hope and help.The hospital doctor said that the one I held was 2 hours from death and critical...fever 103, sepsis, pink eye, upper gi infection, respiratory infection, roda virus and a severe case of dehydration...please pray for her. Her name is Hirwot...meaning LIFE."

2 comments:

  1. I am so out of the loop!

    I clicked on Hannah's profile after she left me a comment today and as I was skimming her bloglist I came across "Our Adoption Journey". I know another couple with what I thought was the same name for their blog and so I hovered over the link to see if it was the same family. To my surprise, I found YOU!

    I'm so excited for you guys!

    The other couple I mentioned lives in Cali and just FINALLY got their baby girl from Ethiopia last month after waiting nearly 2 years. She is beautiful but very underweight and has a few health problems they are dealing with. If you'd like to visit their blog, it is:

    http://rogersadoptionstory.blogspot.com/

    Anyway, so glad I have a way to keep track of you now! I will be checking for updates! :)

    Miss you guys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEIDI!! Thank you! That is funny that you know the family from California because I am an Ethiopian adoption blog stalker and have been following their blog! Their little girl is adorable. We are sooo excited!

    How are you?!?! We haven't seen you since Matt & Hannah's wedding. What is new?

    Are you coming to CF anytime soon? Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete