Oh my goodness! I still cannot get over the fact that we received a COURT DATE today! I got the call this afternoon telling us that our case will be heard before the judge in Ethiopia on December 7th! When I heard this I started shaking and dropped to my knees in tears. The last I had heard from our agency, which was a little over a week ago, was that only 3 families had received court dates in the last month and we were 40th on the list. This is so amazing! Thank you, Lord! (I hope the other families receive their court dates soon too!)
If we pass court (40-50% do not pass on the first try) we will then be assigned an embassy date which will tell us when we travel. Dates are usually given six weeks out, so we could be going to Ethiopia around the middle of January. Anne would be about 7 months at that time.
Sometimes families do not pass court because of paperwork errors or because a living relative fails to appear for final approval of the adoption. If we pass at this hearing, Anne will legally become our daughter! So, please lift up our court date in prayer with us, asking God to cause everything to fall into place so we can bring our sweet little girl home.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This is fantastic! I'm so thrilled for you guys! Keep the updates coming!
ReplyDelete