Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I am such a terrible blogger! I wait for something super newsworthy to happen before I update our blog, and with the speed of international adoption that creates huge lulls - sorry! I've been itching to post that we received our travel dates, but it still hasn't happened. The US embassy in Ethiopia is closed for US holidays as well as the Ethiopian Christmas on January 7th, so it could still be a while before we hear anything. I need to be patient. Flights are already getting booked full in January, so hopefully we will hear in time to get our tickets. We will take a canoe if we have to:) 'Tis Grace that brought her safe thus far and Grace will lead her home.

On another note, I did some last-minute Christmas errands on Monday and brought my 3-year-old nephew Jack with me. When we finished up at the last store I asked him, "What should we do next?" He answered, "Go get Andie." (He thinks he's saying Annie.) Even though he can't grasp how far away Africa is, we are making some progress in his understanding of where baby Annie is located. Two weeks ago he asked me when Andie was going to come out of my belly. So cute! Here are some pictures that Matt took of him on Monday:


No comments:

Post a Comment