Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

Thursdays With June

My friend Katie and I have been driving to Augusta most Thursdays to receive sewing lessons from a dear, sweet woman named June. We have had so much fun getting to know June and her husband. They are such kind and welcoming people. They even served us lunch on our visit - a delicious beef stew and warm baking powder biscuits.

Katie is expecting her first child in March, so we figured that it was now or never if we were ever going to learn to sew. We often feel like June must think we are block-heads (I don't know why patterns have to be so confusing!), but she is very patient with us and we are starting to see the fruits of our labor. (Don't look too closely at mine though.) Katie is working on a baby bunting and I am making pajamas for Anne. Lots of fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, she doesn't even look pregnant! But anyway....yay for you! I've never used a pattern before, but a friend of mind just gave me some so I'll be trying them out sometime. Great job!

    ReplyDelete