Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Underwear Caper

Sometimes as parents we get embarassed by our children. Perhaps there is a tantrum in public or maybe your child takes another child's toy. Yes, those things happen to all of us. My daughter took this humiliation to a whole new level at church last Sunday.

I brought her out to nursery during the service and at some point she dirtied her diaper. Close friends of ours were watching the kids that day and were kind enough to change her. The husband lifted up Annie's dress to find something strange wrapped around her waist. As he pulled this stretchy material off of her he realized that she had women's underwear on! Annie! She loves to play with clothing of all kinds and she is tall enough now to get into all of my drawers. Oh my goodness! I was so embarassed! Of course it had to be a man and they really weren't my Sunday best =)

Then, last Tuesday I went to get Annie-boo out of her car seat at Wal-mart and THANFULLY noticed that she was tangled in something black. Yes, she had made it out of the house in my undies again. Needless to say she is now receiving a thorough inspection before we go anywhere these days!

I found her in my closet with my underwear on her head a couple of weeks ago. At least she's having fun!

3 comments: