I was looking through some of Annie's Christmas gifts in my closet today and came across one that I had forgotten about. I bought it in September or October when my mom, Annie, and I went to visit Ty and Mollie in River Falls. There is a store there called Global M.A.D.E. and they sell items from all over the world. The really cool thing is that it is non-profit and all of the proceeds go back to the people who made the goods in their native countries. I asked if they had anything from Ethiopia but they didn't. They had quite a few items from elsewhere in Africa. I spotted a doll that reminded me of the Ethiopian women I saw with their babies strapped to their backs. When I picked it up the woman told me that it was made in Uganda and that all of the proceeds were going to an orphanage there. I just had to get it.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment