Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tree Day!

We went to get our first tree as a family of three on Tuesday. This year we decided to go to Pleasant Valley Tree Farm and it was great. We thought about cutting it ourselves but I had visions of Clark Griswold and our daughter freezing up to her eyeballs, so we opted for a pre-cut. Maybe we'll venture out next year :)

If you have had trouble with your tree tipping over like we have (twice), Pleasant Valley sells special tree stands that have a rod in the center. They drill a hole into your tree to fit the rod and all you have to do is set the tree on it. No screws and they guarantee no tipping. It is really nice. They also bind the tree and tie it to your car and every year you get a free ornament. Okay, enough selling, but I really enjoyed it. Oh, and they have free cider and popcorn. Alright, now I'm finished.

Thankfully Miss Annie decided to take a 3 hour nap right when we got home. I was able to decorate the whole house before she got up and Matt got all of the outdoor lights up. I saved some ornaments for her to do and she was just in awe of all of the lights. When we have visitors she just has to show everyone her tree.




1 comment:

  1. So Pretty...Love you Annie! Can't wait for the next little one!

    ReplyDelete