Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Think She's Got It!

I've been meaning to post this for a while. Putting Annie in underwear did the trick! We started potty training in underwear on February 24th and by the 28th she was going "pee-pee" exclusively in the potty during the day. As she went day after day staying dry, her nap and overnight pull-ups became dry as well. It took another 2 weeks for her to fully understand that she needed to poop in the potty all of the time too, but she asked to go on March 13th and has been doing it ever since. She's now regularily walking over to her potty chair and going without prompting. She asks to go when we're out in public (in fact, she usually asks to go just to check out all of the new restrooms - ick). She now naps in her underwear without any accidents, but I still put her in "night-night undies" on overnight due to the fact that if she does have an accident then I don't have to clean it up until morning :) Yay, Annie! You're so smart! We're proud of you!

This picture is from last May when she first started to use the potty chair at 10 months. She's now trained at 21 months. I wish I would have tried the underwear sooner :)

2 comments:

  1. I swear by underwear. Sienna PT'd in 3 days at 20 months but STILL pees every night at 5 years old. Lol. Can't quite figure that out, but I think she's just lazy. Our other PT'd kids go all night w/o peeing. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...this is such a great picture. We are so proud of you Annie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete