Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mimmie Mouthse

Mom: "What are you going to be for trick-or-treating this year, Annie?" Annie: "Mimmie Mouthse."

Annie loves all things Minnie Mouse, so her costume this year was an easy choice. Also easy: mouse ears made of pigtail puffs. At first she resisted having a nose and widow's peak drawn on with my eyeliner, but eventually allowed it if she could watch in the mirror. Silly girl.

Our first stop was the Wendts' house so that we could drop off a gift for their new daughter, Evie, and so that Annie could see her friend, Josie, who was also Minnie Mouse. When I told Annie that Josie was going to be Minnie too she said, "No, she not. I Mimmie Mouthse." Haha. There couldn't be two in Annie's mind. The girls were so cute together.

Then we headed downtown and around the neighborhood. Annie had moments of fun but overall was frightened by most of the costumes. She was afraid of anyone wearing a mask, scary or not. Once Jackson, who wore a transformer mask, figured out that she was afraid, he decided to have fun by jumping up and saying, "Raaaar!" at her a lot. She never did warm up to him that night. :)

At the end of the evening we stopped to see Grandpa George and Grandma Joan. They had a special treat waiting for Annie. By this time she had consumed a few pieces of candy and was literally bouncing off the furniture for them. She had fun.

The kids all got full buckets of candy. I asked Daddy to take Annie's to his office with him since he has some superhuman powers that allow him to resist eating it. Me? Not so much. I would think about it day and night until I polished it off, and since Annie seems to take after me in this area, I thought it best to have Matt ration it out.

Inconceivably, I forgot to get a picture of all of the kids together. Here a few that I did get:




1 comment: