Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thank you, God

We received notice that we passed court today! What a relief. I really hope it sticks this time ;-) It is likely that we will travel to get our sweet baby the first week of March but we have to be prepared to travel in February with two weeks' notice (no problem!). We hope to have our travel dates confirmed within two weeks and then we can buy our tickets. Until then, the big issues are that the adoption decree from the court must be written and sent to the emabassy, Annie's birth certificate needs to be issued, and her medical exam needs to be completed and cleared with the embassy doctor. So, please pray for these things.

I received an update from a nice woman who traveled to Ethiopia to get her daughter this week. She said that Anne is completely gorgeous and that she is such a happy baby, smiling all the time. Below are some pictures of her from Tuesday. All smiles and in a dress - perfect!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!! I finally get to meet my niece:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is WONDERFUL news! Will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys! At some point after you get home, I wanna hear the details of your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete